Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Off to Minneapolois

Tomorrow morning I leave for Minneapolis and the International Society of Glass Beadmakers convention, the "Gathering". A very cool four days. We will get demos by some of the top glass beadmakers, do a museum tour by bus, shop, enjoy a banquet with auction afterwards, and shop some more. Can't wait to see my friend, Laura Bowker, and her new beads.

She has been spending time in Italy, Murano, Italy, studying with a master beadmaker. Her new beads are amazing and I can't wait to hold them in my hands! I will post some photos when I get back.

These beads are some from a few years ago since I haven't been making a lot of beads, or at least none worth taking a picture of! BTW, have you noticed that the new digital cameras are 10 megapixel? Wowzer! Got to get a new one before I go...

Dear readers, I hope you are well today and feel inspired to try something new. Do something that you don't think will work - and learn from doing it. Learn from the process. It might open your eyes to something unexpected!!


No comments: